Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What I did on July 4th

We decided to stay home and my granddaughter came over to help me paint furniture, have dinner and celebrate the 4th.

It was a beautiful sunny day here in Southern California. One of my friends gave me a small dining room table that I will use in my studio. Of course, it has to be painted.

We started painting it white but thought a little color would be nice so we choose a color I had handy, yellow. It looks great, love it. I might modge podge bits and pieces of collage on top have to wait and see how I feel about it when it gets UPSTAIRS.






I also painted a book case I picked up at a local thrift store. I love the look of the two new pieces and soon they will be in their new home.

It was a fun day...........maybe my granddaughter will come back and help me paint shelves??????????

8 comments:

sandra Lee said...

Love the pieces Jackie and the colors! I just bought a fantastic decoupaged table at the Long Beach Flea Market! I love your "paint stirrer!"

Mammabellarte Rita Reade said...

Ciao Jackie, I was creating too on the 4th, so peaceful. I like the table. See you soon Rita

Unknown said...

wow I painted to today but more tome sawyer stuff Gates and garden chairs that took a beating last winter. I should have done it this spring but oh well I did it now and it is done.!!!

Gloria King said...

great job miss Jaquie...love it...Gloria

Unknown said...

I like the yellow you chose for the table! Glad you spent some quality time with your granddaughter! BTW I will be in Coronado Sept21-23. Is that close to you??

Sand

Elena Lai Etcheverry said...

fun fun fun! the yellow looks nice! can't wait to see it next week!

June said...

Hi Jackie it looks so much fun and great items and colour :)
Jackie i am THRILLED !!! The postie brought me your gorgeous art doll ... Ohhhh she is beautiful !! Close up she is more beautiful than on the photo's you had. I shall when i get chance get a pic with me and the doll and will let you know when i do
Have been unwell so not been blogging much til this last day or two
Hugs June xxx

Van said...

Nice posst