Sunday, June 1, 2008

Under the Sun in San Diego












Yes, we're so lucky here in San Diego to have LOTS of sunny, great days. So today I decided to take off and check out a store in one of my old neighborhoods, North Park.

Some 20 years ago I lived in a small old house (oh I wish I had that house now :}in North Park. Fast foward 20 years later things have changed and it's now a revitalized cute little neighborhood. Looks like alot of fun boutiques and eatries to check out.

Jane of Art Takes A Village is doing some hands-on classes at a garden shop in North Park UNDER THE SUN. I wanted to check it and did.

A cute and inviting little store with antique, vintage and handcrafted items and a variety of products from places far and near. I choose package mixes of lavendar margarita mix and lavendar limeade made in Hawaii. One for a gift and one for drinking yum! I also got a cute rusted litte wire fence....I know I can use it for some art....not sure what but I had to have it!

Sandra, the owner, gave me directions to a couple little stores around the corner. A candle and soap shop and a book store with little boutiques inside. I checked both of them out. Very nice little shops. The candle and handmade soap shop is recyling candle wax which is so great.

So, when you have some time to have an adventure and you live in San Diego, go check out Under the Sun and their neighborhood. You never know what you'll find...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What lovely pictures! I sure wish I lived in San Diego!

Unknown said...

What lovely pictures! I sure wish I lived in San Diego!

Unknown said...

Hi Jackie,

Your Paris Poodle inchie is on it's way.

~Sharon
http://e14studio.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie!

Looks like a charming store.
Thanks for sharing about it.
Have a great day:)

KayEllen

Anonymous said...

Jackie,
It was so fun meeting you and sharing my boutique with you! Janes class was so fun too, wish you could have stayed on for it. Hope to see you again soon.