Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cancer Coping Center Event


As I grow older and hopefully wiser :} I feel I understand the words "it is better to give than receive". It used to be I was soooo happy and delighted when I received a gift (still am don't get me wrong:} but now it feels equally or even better sometimes to give and it doesn't have to be money. It can be our time or these days, our art. I love when my art touches someone else's heart.

A friend and wonderful person, Dr.Maryam Davodi-Far, is Executive Director/Founder of the Cancer Coping Center she is in the early stages of planning one of their fundraisers, an afternoon tea on September 6, 2008.

The Center is looking for donations for silent auctions items i.e. Handmade items and art, gift certificates, and or gift baskets. etc.

If you can donate an item or two, contact Maryam and let her know what you would like to donate by July 30th so she can make appropriate preparations or email me for more information.

Visit their website and learn more of what they do. They are a 100% volunteer run agency and your generosity is always appreciated.

I am making a handmade piece of art for their silent auction but I would like to offer the following pieces of jewelry for sale to further their cause. 100% of the purchase price will be donated to the Cancer Coping Center and I will pay the shipping. You can pay with paypal or send a check made out the the Cancer Coping Center.

Here are a couple items available at this time. Email me if you want to purchase or have questions.

Also, you can support this cause if you're in the San Diego area by attending the tea...what fun! Email Maryam about that too!



I call this Princess of Monaco Jewels. Isn't it beautiful?

The necklace measures 16 inches long and the middle crystals measure 1-1/4 inches long.

The earrings are clip and measure about 1-3/4 inches long and 1 inch at it's widest.

This set is a retro gem made of black metal and shiny rhinestones. All the stones are there and it is in mint condition. Cost/Donation: $48.00 Free shipping.
Email me if you want em!

NEXT......


Cluster goldtone with rhinestone Clipback Earrings.

These are so retro, they're in :} Made of goldtone metal and contain 5 swirls of 4 rhinestones each. A total of 20 shiny stones in each earring. They measure 1-3/4 inches in diameter.

Cost/Donation: $18.00

and Finally...........


Beautiful goldtone with rhinestones and pearls pierced earrings.

I call these the "grapes of love" earrings. You'll LOVE these earrings and others will LOVE them on you!

They measure 1-3/4 inches long and have a nice weight to them. They sparkle with little rhinestones and they shine with lovely pearls.

Cost/Donation: $22.00

All these pieces of lovely jewelry have had homes before but have been cleaned and inspected to make sure when they arrive at their new home they will be like new!

Email me if you want a piece of jewelry or have any questions.

Until my next post....try a little giving and let me know how you feel.

No comments: