Saturday, February 26, 2011

Art & Soul Via Las Vegas Here I Come!

Leaving on a jet plane and I don't when I'll be back again......

Okay so I know when I'll be back but can't wait to get there and enjoy the creative juices.

My friend, June is going with me and SHE's NOT EVEN TAKING CLASSES but she says she has her luggage jam packed with romance novels and ready to relax....what a great friend.

We are attending the vendor show Sunday night and I am hoping to scope out some of the instructors for future classes as well as pick up some great "STUFF".

I'm taking a class with Julie Haymaker Thompson and using paper clay to make a whimsical music box. I have taken classes with Julie before an enjoy her teaching techniques and creativity. Can't wait.

Then Wednesday I'm taking a class with Ty & Marcia Schultz, Metal Steampunk & Milagro and we will melting metal and pouring it into silicone molds and creating molds and metal castings.

Thursday a class with Thomas Ashman to create a mini glass journal....copper, wire, paper and glass.

When I finish a class I hope to post it but don't hold me to it...depends on if I'm winning at the blackjack table :}

I worked on my art trades so I would be able to trade with other artists at the retreat. As usual, my work table is always in an uproar but I have finished and put it all away neatly...yay me!







Have a creative and artistic week! Don't forget to check out Chateau de Fleurs on Friday and Saturday.

1 comment:

Mammabellarte Rita Reade said...

I WANT TO GO! Have fun my friend, create, create.....Ciao Rita mammabellarte