Saturday, November 29, 2008

Here Comes Christmas

Yesterday was BLACK FRIDAY as they call it, was a fun day. I had intended to JuMp out of bed at 5:30am and rush to the stores to get the bargains. When I woke up at 5:45am and looked at the clock and felt the chill, I snuggled back under the covers til 8am.

I got up and made coffee and enjoyed my emails and then decided to get going. I am sooo glad I didn't JuMp out of bed at 5:45am because I still got the deals I wanted without being a sleepy head :}

I was at walmart and got some cute shirts for my nieces for Christmas for $4 EACH!!! I also went searching for the Cricut Expressions which was suppose to be on sale for $199. Now, I didn't expect it to be there but when I looked in the scrapbooking section and saw the empty slot, I knew they were gone. There was a sales ladies a few aisle's away and we struck up a conversation laughing about the crowds and her trying get work done while people asked her questions so I asked her about the Expressions.

She said you know they may have put some over in the material aisle so check there and electronics. Well, I wasn't going near Electronics as it WAS a madhouse so off I went to material. Taa Daa there they were on the end of the aisle! I deemed this a sign that I should have one :} so I threw it in my basket and happily sang christmas carols to myself as I wandered through the store.

I do love shopping and I like the crowds even though you can be playing chicken with your baskets sometimes :}

I wanted to mention my NEW Christmas banner too. I had my blog banner professional, Sandy of The Blog Banner Queen from Canada make me my holiday banner. Isn't it cute? She always does such a good job and I sent her some photos of the doggie, bird and santa in the banner and she does her magic and makes them pretty and interesting. When you get a chance, check out her blog too because she has some beautiful works of art going on.

I leave you with pics of a beautiful paper bag book I purchased last year and must use this year.






Let me know the deals you got on Black Friday! Always love to hear about great deals :} HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful shopping day! Thanks for mentioning me and adding my link!

Love ya!
Sand

Unknown said...

Jackie You are soooo funny. I love to read your observations. Hi to all the darlings that we have in common. Linda

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Jackie, the new banner is wonderful!!! And I'm so happy you got some great deals. I had to work that day, so no deals for me :*(.
Have a great weekend!
xoxo,
Kristin

betsters said...

Jackie,
I love, love, love the paper bag Christmas book and want to make one!!!!!!!
Sounds like a class!
Let's talk.....

So, have you learned about the free apps on your iPhone yet? Oh, for sure, we'll talk....they're so much fun.....

Hope you had a great holiday....I'm in Orange County at my son's, enjoying!

Chat with you soon!
Bets
P.S. Happy New Year!