Monday, February 25, 2008

Shopping on Friday, February 22nd



Wow what a fun weekend! Rain cannot stop determined shoppers. Friday my friends Jane and Bonnie and myself took a road trip. First stop, The Barn Sale in Temecula. If you have not been, you MUST....everything vintage, shabby chic and fun. Check out Heather's Blog for great photos (she's the best).




We arrived and stepped thru the rain and a little mud to enter the barn and quickly started looking around to find great bargains. The ladies here put on a great sale and I love the how everything is displayed........if only I had an eye for design....oh well......




The rain couldn't dampen the day or our spirits and I had planned on a little more travel and shopping. I had heard the ArtBar in Santa Ana was moving and having a sale so I wanted to drive up and check it out......soooooo off we went in the rain. Hour and 1/2 later we were shopping somemore. We got some great deals, some for only 25 cents. Jane checked out this wonderful dressform in the window which had a little chandelier on the top and it is a light....she HAD TO HAVE IT! Luckily I had my truck. After it was wrapped in many layers of plastic to fend off the rain......off we went back down to Temecula. Isn't she cute?





I called a friend and told her we were on our way back to the barn and she could meet us there........well 3pm on Friday and the 91 Highway with rain means no speeding more like crawling..........two hours later we arrived back at the Barn. Needless to say, my friend had come, shopped, hung around and driven home.....sorry Bonnie :{
Looking at the pictures on Heather's blog I see Saturday was a beautiful day. Crazy San Diego weather lately one day rain, one day sun, one day rain, one day sun. This week it's suppose to be clear........who knows.

No comments: