Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Birthdays, Scavenger Hunt, Thrift Store Shopping!!




























Today is my birthday. I no longer celebrate my youth but my luck of being happy and healthy and having FAMILY and FRIENDS that I can celebrate with.

We all met up at the Beach Grass Cafe in a Poway shopping center. The center contains 7 thrift stores. I gave each of my friends a list with clues to help them go thru the stores and find little envelopes I left in "mostly" open view. :}

We all enjoyed a little hunt and a little shopping and then returned to the cafe to lunch and a few prizes for the most ""agressive scavenger ha ha Winners were Miss Vicky, Elena, Kat, Sally, June (it is June's birthday today too) yay!

What can I say but a BIG THANK YOU to those that came and helped me celebrate. If you couldn't make it, I know "stuff" happens but you were missed.

9 comments:

Miss Vicky said...

so much fun
I am so glad I could be a part of the celebration!!!!!!

betsters said...

Jackie,
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a very special person.

What a fun day! Your scavenger hunt was a hit! Even though I won the booby prize!!!

Glad you had a great birthday. Thanks for sharing it with all of us.

xoxox Bet

Kat Baker said...

It was the best! Had a fabulous time! I'm glad it was a happy happy birthday for you Jackie. xo

Just call me Silly Sal said...

Boy are you fast, getting the photos from Kat up right away.

Had a blast. You did so much work for us to have fun! Always one step ahead of us with your generosity.

Thank you again for inviting me.

xoxo Silly Sal

Unknown said...

Jackie, you are really special...it was wonderful celebrating YOU. The scavenger hunt was a ton of fun too. You have terrific friends. Thanks for letting me share you party as the other birthday girl!!! XXOOO's

Unknown said...

Oh Happy Brithday. every day we live is a true GIFT!! It is not about youth it is about life!!

Elena Lai Etcheverry said...

loved celebrating with you!

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Looks like a blast!!! Happy Happy belated bday my friend!
xoxo,
Kristin

Unknown said...

I saw your scavenger hunt birthday on your facebook- what fun! I'm glad you had an AWESOME birthday!!

Sandy xox